Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Peace and Quiet


The girls had Vacation Bible School last week and it did not occur to me until a few days before they start that while they were at VBS, I was free to do what I wanted.  Heck I could pee in peace!!!  So the first day I dropped them off and stopped by a local preserve.  The last time I had been there was a few years ago and the trail was sort of pathetic.  I expected to walk the trail and cross over to a neighborhood to finish my walk.

Well they have changed it and there are quite a few trails and I was impressed and I also was given a good workout.  The main thing that was nice though was that I was not pushing any kids in the stroller, having comments from one of them, or being told that they were hungry.


I am finding that as they get older, these moments of peace and quiet may be popping up more and more.  Raising them is not getting easier.  Don't get me wrong I appreciate the newborn stage in which all you had to do was meet their basic needs (granted Audrey screamed all through those basic needs but it was different).  Now I have to worry about the influences of others and raising these two little girls to be adults.



No comments: